How can Ayurveda Help Women’s Fertility
- Published on October 03, 2022
Ayurveda is a Sanskrit word that means ‘Science of Life’. It is a medicinal system that has a belief in treating conditions organically. In fact, Ayurveda is deeply rooted in Indian culture and is also followed by a mass population across the globe now.
The doctors who have specialization in Ayurveda treatments state, that the notion of wellness is based on three factors mind, body, and spirit. And channelling all three in the right direction results in good health. Likewise, there are a few factors that can promote healthy pregnancy and help promote women’s fertility. Read below to understand some common questions, such as, Why do women experience infertility issues? and, How can Ayurveda treatment boost fertility?
What are the causes of women’s infertility?
The causes of infertility can be genetic, any disorder, or a particular disease a woman is suffering from. However, above all, a sedentary lifestyle can also impact the nature of fertility in women. Each woman is different, and so is their body. Therefore, the causes of infertility may differ from one woman to another. The following are a few factors that can lead to infertility-
- PCOS– Polycystic ovary syndrome, is one of the most common factors that affect fertility in women. If the woman has PCOS, it leads to hormonal imbalance impacting the production of eggs and their quality. PCOS typically strikes ovulation resulting in complicated to no pregnancy.
- Damaged fallopian tubes- If the fallopian tubes get damaged due to inflammation, infection, disease, or any other factor may lead to difficulty in pregnancy. Damaged fallopian tubes block the sperm to reach eggs for fertilization making it difficult to conceive a baby. And in a few cases, this condition increases the risk of ectopic pregnancy while putting the mother’s life in danger.
- Unhealthy weight- Women with overweight or underweight can experience fertility issues. Either can increase the chances of ovulation disorders, also impacting the process of egg fertilization. Therefore, irregular weight can cause infertility complications.
- Endometriosis– It is a fairly common condition yet most painful in the severe stage. During endometriosis, the uterine lining starts to grow outside instead of inside. The blood starts pooling outside the uterus rather than flowing out of the body through the uterus and making menses extremely painful. At times, this condition blocks the fallopian tubes causing infertility.
- Fibroids– These are benign lumps that occur in the uterus. The size and number may differ from one woman to another or can multiply in due course. Fibroids can impact the uterus badly resulting in irregular periods and causing infertility issues.
There are some other causes as well that can lead to fertility disorders, such as irregular periods, infection in the uterus, cysts, hormonal imbalance, excessive stress, smoking, drinking, and unexplained factors. However, Ayurveda has a set of treatments to improve or cure infertility issues.
How Ayurveda treatment can help fertility?
Fertility in Ayurveda is stated as ‘Shukra Dhatu’, if becomes lesser or weak leads to infertility disorders. There is a wide range of infertility treatments in Ayurveda. The ayurvedic expert typically recommends therapies and organic herbs-based medicines depending on the type and severity of the infertility disorder. Some of the most famous and effective Ayurveda infertility treatments are-
- Panchakarma– This ayurvedic therapy focuses to remove toxins from the body produced because of undigested food in the stomach. The fault in digestive system can cause other issues related to stomach.
- Sodhana– This ayurvedic infertility treatment aims to detox the body with different approaches like Virechana (purification), Vamana ( process of emesis, throwing out toxins from the mouth), Uthravasti (fluids are used to eliminate enema through uternie cavity), etc.
- Vtaulomana– This is one of the important infertility treatments in Ayurveda. During this treatment, the practitioner suggests the aligning of Vata, possessing a routine of healthy diet and exercise to promote fertility.
- Medication– Ashwagandha churna, shatavari , phala gritam, banyan tree bark, triphala churna, gokshura, etc, are some medicines recommended by Ayurveda experts to remove the impurities from the body in the belief of promoting fertility.
Ayurvedic treatments help release toxins from the body. These therapies aim to eliminate the causes mentioned above such as irregular periods, hormonal imbalance, PCOS, damaged fallopian tubes, etc., while promoting fertility in order to cure infertility issues. The therapies and medicines produced with herbs are recommended after a detailed diagnosis of the condition and severity of the infertility disorder one is suffering from. A few periodic sessions of ayurvedic therapies can improve fertility while increasing ‘Shukra Dhatu’.
If Ayurveda does not show any effective results, there are other Assisted Reproductive Treatments (ART) such as In-Vitro Fertilization (IVF), Intrauterine insemination (IUI), Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI), and a few more performed with modern technologies. If you are also looking to fulfil the dream of parenthood, call us today on the given number or book an appointment with our best fertility expert.
Dr Shreya Gupta
Fertility TreatmentsProblems with fertility are both emotionally and medically challenging. At Birla Fertility & IVF, we focus on providing you with supportive, personalized care at every step of your journey towards becoming a parent.
Male InfertilityMale factor infertility accounts for almost 40%-50% of all infertility cases. Decreased sperm function can be the result of genetic, lifestyle, medical or environmental factors. Fortunately, most causes of male factor infertility can be easily diagnosed and treated.
We offer a comprehensive range of sperm retrieval procedures and treatments for couples with male factor infertility or sexual dysfunction.